Winter Break Challenges: Head, Heart, Hands
Looking for things to do while at home? Wanting to make the most of your time (as in Ephesians 5:15-16), but don’t know where to start? Wait no longer!
We’ve got some ideas on how you can spend Winter Break productively, beneficially, and with a servant-minded heart, following the example of Jesus (as in Philippians 2:1-10). Hopefully then you can be blessed by God and be a blessing to others at home, or wherever you go!
CULTIVATING THE HEART
- Daily devotions
- Verse memorization
- Study one book of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
- Read through the NT
- Study the Bible through background information and helpful commentary
DEVELOPING THE MIND
- Refresher on c101
- Read Christian autobiographies or Christian living literature (see image)
- Apologetics training
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary Dimension Course
- Educational learning
Contact us if you’re interested in any book recommendations or a list of more apologetics resources!
SERVING WITH THE HANDS
- Develop culinary skills
- Learn to cook a new dish & serve loved ones
- Visit a local nursing home
- Volunteer at a local food bank
- Learn/Practice an instrument
- Learn/Practice technical skills
- Prepare/Apply to jobs
- This is a great time to get a head start on applying for jobs and internships for the summertime by starting on updating your resume, cover letter. You can even contact various companies you would be interested in working for and inquire about summer jobs and internships they may have.
- Physical training
- Train for the 10K
- Sports, lift weights, interval exercises
- Concrete ways to love your family (1 chore/week)
- Washing the family car
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Cleaning out the garage
- Vacuuming/cleaning the floor/dusting
- Doing the family laundry
- Washing the dishes
- Organizing the pantry
Of course, these aren’t limited to the break. Carrying these out into your daily life - through keeping up with these habits, or finding new ways to serve God and love others - is a great way to continue growing as a Christian, or in your relationship with God and others!
Have any other ideas or did anything cool over the break? Comment below or share it with us through our form!